Registration of all motor vehicles on a temporary halt in India
The registration of all motor vehicles has been put on a temporary halt from May 2, 2019. Not integrating a High Security Registration Plate (HSRP) with the Vahan's database has been stated as the reason. April 1, 2019, was the date to equip all the motor vehicles, to be registered with the High Security Registration Plate (HSRP), which is said to have security and tamper-proof features inbuilt.
The Transport Mission Mode Project's access to pan-India Vahan application has been blocked by the National Informatics Centre (NIC) on a directive of the Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
The states of Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana use their own software instead of the Vahan application, hence, registration certificates can be issued to the newly registered motor vehicles, whereas, other states cannot issue the aforementioned document.
The MoRTH had assigned the responsibility of fitting the vehicles with security licence plates along with the third registration mark, to the manufacturers. However, this job can be executed on a dealership level as well.
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030