Rajiv Bajaj shows his concerns on 100 per cent electrification for 2 and 3 wheelers by 2023
In a statement given out by Rajiv Bajaj, managing director of Bajaj Auto Limited shows his concern towards government's initiative of making three-wheelers market 100 per cent electric by 2023 and two-wheeler market by 2025.
Bajaj's concern revolves around stakeholders lacking experience in investing in any Electricfication surge. He further adds that the electrification has been ill-timed as it collides with BSVI implementation. Finally, Rajiv Bajaj states that targetting two and three wheelers and not cars etc seems like an incomplete effort.
"An appropriate middle path to my mind would be in the first phase to target such a changeover through Corporate Average Fuel Efficiency (CAFE) norms / electric vehicles for all vehicle categories from a particular date such as 2023 or 2025 starting with the most polluted cities of India. Basis the learnings from that experience a collective plan can be put together to scale up as desired" he further added.
Recently, two of the Bajaj Urbanite, all-electric scooters were spotted on test in Pune, India. The Bajaj Urbanite will rival the likes of Ather 450, Ather 350 and the Okinawa i-Praise and Rigid +. For buyers looking for an all-electric mean of transport, the Urbanite could be pitted against the Revolt's upcoming all-electric motorcycle.
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza facelift dimensions, variants revealed ahead of launch
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N unveiled in India, bookings open July 30
- Live updates: 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N launch, price reveal, interiors, mileage, specifications, engine, features, safety