Rainforest Challenge officially launched in India at the 2014 Auto Expo
The world renowned Rainforest Challenge (RFC) has been launched in India. The RFC starts from August 7 and will continue till the 17th of that month. Introduced by Cougar Motorsports in India, the RFC will be held at the western ghats in the rainforests. Registrations for the RFC have already started and forms can be downloaded from www.rfcindia.in
In the first edition of RFC in India, both international and local teams are expected to participate. Cougar Motorsports says that nearly 50 teams are expected to turn up for the event. Experts from Malaysia will be designing the special stages and participants will have to complete in the fastest time. The team with the highest points will win. There will be other stages like the Prologue, Predator and Terminator, basically different levels of challenges.
Started in 1997 in the jungles of Malaysia, RFC aims to give off-road enthusiasts and motorsport lovers a fun platform to compete on. The challenge will see competitors going through drenching rain, slippery slopes, flooded gullies and landslides. Other countries which have hosted the RFC include Tunisia, China, Sri Lanka and Vietnam. It is listed as the top 10 toughest motor races in the world.
- Mercedes-Benz service: Putting luxury car ownership within reach
- Why are manufacturers like Ford shutting their plants in India?
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant
- Mahindra XUV700 variants revealed ahead of launch