Mitsubishi Motors : eK X & eK Wagon Kei Cars Win RJC Car of the Year 2020
MITSUBISHI MOTORS CORPORATION (MMC) today announced that eK X (pronounced eK cross) & eK Wagon Kei cars have been selected as the "RJC Car of the Year 2020" run by the Automotive Researchers' & Journalists' Conference of Japan (RJC) after the final judging on November 12.
RJC highly evaluated the vehicles' comfort cabin, loading capacity as well as driving and eco performance, which have been improved by newly developed platform and powertrain. In addition, it recognized that eK X and eK Wagon reduce drivers' stress and have expanded Kei cars' capabilities by MI-PILOT*1 - MMC's advanced safety system that can be equipped in those cars.
Following Eclipse Cross that received the RJC Car of the Year 2019, this was the third time that MMC won the award - the first winning vehicle was i Kei Car in 2007.
The 29th RJC Car of the Year was selected by RJC members from Japanese models launched in the domestic market during the period from November 1, 2018 to October 31, 2019. The selection committee chose six best models on November 1 before voting on November 12 to decide the award winning models.
DISCLAIMER: This information is published as per the press release sent to us. It has not been verified or ratified by OVERDRIVE.
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Facelifted 2021 BMW X3 and X4 unveiled with heavy interior revisions
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar bookings begin in India, interiors revealed
- Toyota Yaris to be discontinued this month, rebadged Ciaz replacement?
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh