Mahindra XUV300 launches the all-new Petrol AutoSHIFT Transmission & the BlueSense Plus Connected SUV technology
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M), a part of the US $19.4 billion Mahindra Group, today announced the introduction of Petrol AutoSHIFT, its auto transmission technology, on the XUV300. The AutoSHIFT top variant, W8(O), will also be equipped with the all-new BlueSense Plus connected SUV technology. The Electric Sunroof will now be offered from its mid variant - (W6) onwards on both manual & autoSHIFT versions.
Veejay Nakra, CEO, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said: "The young Indian consumer doesn't like to compromise and seeks technology-led convenience & experiences. Today, we launch our innovative auto transmission AutoSHIFT on petrol, which uses advanced technology to offer an effortless drive in city drive as well as on the highways. We also introduce today the BlueSense Plus, our connected SUV technology with 40+ features, that will seamlessly integrate the XUV300 into the always-connected world of today's consumer."
Mr. Nakra further added, "We are glad to introduce electric sunroof right from the mid-variants of the XUV300. As India's safest and most feature-loaded SUV, the XUV300 has always strived to inspire consumers to think big about their aspirations and will continue to do so with future introductions."
Keeping in line with the growing consumer preference for sunroof, the XUV300 will now offer electric sunroof on the mid-variants of both manual & AutoSHIFT variants. With a starting price of just ? 9.4 Lakh (Ex-showroom Petrol W6) the sunroof will now become accessible to a wider base of customers.
Along with these introductions, XUV300 range will also see introduction of new colours - Dual-tone Red and Dual-tone Aquamarine on all W8(O) AutoSHIFT variants and an all-new Galaxy Grey on its manual W6, W8 & W8(O) variants.
Bookings for the all-new Petrol AutoSHIFT are now open and deliveries will begin from mid-February onwards.
About XUV300 Petrol AutoSHIFT & BlueSense Plus Connected SUV technology
Advanced & Effortless AutoSHIFT
Among the most refined & affordable auto transmission technologies in the market, the XUV300 AutoSHIFT has been crafted to deliver the seamless driving experience of an automatic yet offer the option of switching to a Manual mode for an involved drive. Developed by transmission experts Marelli, it comes equipped with a tap-to-switch set up that will allow enthusiasts to experience the full force of the XUV300's formidable 1.2 liter turbo-petrol engine, along with a clutch-less driving experience. With this, the XUV300 becomes one of the few vehicles in the segment to offer auto transmission on both Petrol & Diesel.
The XUV300 autoSHIFT on Petrol & Diesel is an advanced technology that offers tremendous convenience and versatility to the user. Some of its key feature are as below:
1. Auto Mode: Automatic, effortless, smooth and fatigue-free drive.
2. Manual Mode: Control of the gear shifts for a more involved driving experience.
3. Advanced 'Creep' Function: 1-pedal drive (without accelerator input) in First & Reverse gear, for
relaxed handling of congested city traffic or tricky parking scenarios.
4. Electronic Stability Control: Total control and Stability in all driving situations.
5. Hill Start Assist: Prevents roll-back for added safety & confidence on slopes.
6. Kick-down Shifts: Punchy pick-up during overtaking or for quick acceleration.
7. Adaptive Pedal Response: Automatic gear shift map selection based on accelerator inputs & driving
requirements ranging from comfortable to sporty.
8. Tap-to-switch: Shift to Auto, Reverse or Manual modes with just a single tap.
9. Drive and Reverse Lock Out: Adds to safety by restricting sudden shifts between reverse and drive
modes, unless the speed drops to less than 5 kmph.
10. Creep disable on Door Opening: Prevents the vehicle from moving in Auto/ Manual mode if the
doors are open.
BlueSense PLUS Connected SUV Technology
Mahindra's Connected SUV technology - BlueSense Plus on W8(O) AutoSHIFT will create a connected experience between the SUV & its owner. It offers variety of features like Remote Vehicle Control Features (like Door lock/ Unlock, Find my XUV300), Location-based Features (like Live Tracking & Sharing, Route Deviation), Safety & Security Features (like Geo Fencing, Emergency Assist), Vehicle Information Alerts (like Distance to empty, Tyre Pressure), and other features (like Infotainment Controls, Document Wallet). BlueSense Plus will be available on both Android & iOS.
BlueSense PLUS is a complete connected SUV solution, that is powered by an embedded SIM, that allows one to stay connected to their XUV300 no matter where they are. One can get a plethora of information at their fingertips & use its 40+ features, using the smart phone. Available on Android & iOS.
Remote Vehicle Control Features
1. Remote Door Lock/ Unlock
2. Remote Hazard Lamp ON/ OFF
3. Search My XUV300
4. Remote Park Lamp OFF
5. Live Vehicle Tracking
6. Find my XUV300
7. Route Deviation Alert
8. Share Vehicle Location
9. Share a location
10. Save Places & Routes
12. Turn-by-turn Navigation
Safety & Security Alerts
13. Unauthorized Vehicle Access Alert
14. Emergency Alert
15. Geo Fencing
16. Time Fencing
17. Door Open Alert
18. Tyre Pressure Alert
19. Overspeed Alert
20. High Engine Temperature Alert
21. Seat Belt Alert
22. Device Unplugged Alert
Vehicle Information & Alerts
23. Low Fuel Alert
24. Check Distance to Empty
25. Parking Lamp ON Alert
26. Vehicle Start Stop Alert
27. Check Tyre Pressure
28. Check Door Lock Status
29. Check Odometer
30. Check AC Information
31. Engine Idle Alert
In-Car Controls & Other Features
32. In-car AC Controls
33. In-Car Infotainment Audio Controls
34. Document Wallet
35. Fuel Diary
36. Trip Summary
37. My Car Info
38. Insurance Expiry
39. PUC Expiry
40. Weather Information
42. Personalized Pitstop Recommendation
43. Create Enquiry
DISCLAIMER: This information is published as per the press release sent to us. It has not been verified or ratified by OVERDRIVE.
Starts Rs 7.95 Lakhs
- Spec Comparison: Hyundai Tucson Vs Jeep Compass Vs Volkswagen Tiguan Vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- 2022 Hyundai Tucson review, first drive - More, for more
- Top-5 best selling cars for July 2022
- Upcoming Audi Q3 bookings commence from Rs 2 lakh
- Mahindra debuts two EV sub-brands, five EV concepts, launch from December 2024