Mahindra announces price increase for its Personal & Commercial range of vehicles from January 8, 2021
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M), part of the USD 19.4 billion Mahindra Group, today announced that effective January 8, 2021, the prices of its range of Personal and Commercial vehicles will increase by around 1.9%, resulting in an increase of Rs 4,500 - Rs 40,000, depending on the model and variant. In the case of All New Thar, the current price increase will be effective for all bookings done between December 1, 2020 and January 7, 2021. All fresh bookings for All New Thar, effective January 8, 2021, will have prices as applicable on the date of delivery.
According to Veejay Nakra, CEO Automotive Division, M&M Ltd., "The price increase was necessitated due to unprecedented increase in commodity prices and various other input costs over the past many months. We have made all efforts to reduce our costs and deferred price increase for a significant duration, but due to the quantum of input cost increase, consequently we are taking this price increase effective January 8, 2021."
DISCLAIMER: This information is published as per the press release sent to us. It has not been verified or ratified by OVERDRIVE.
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?