Ashok Leyland launches AVTR 4120 - Indias first 4-axle Truck with 40.5 ton Gross Vehicle Weight
Ashok Leyland, the flagship Company of the Hinduja Group and India's leading commercial vehicle manufacturer, today, launched India's first 4-axle 8x2 DTLA Truck(14-wheeler) AVTR 4120 which has a capacity of 40.5 tonne Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW). This new truck offers an additional 5 ton payload compared to standard 8x2 trucks with better TCO.
Talking about the newly launched product range, Mr. Vipin Sondhi, Managing Director, Ashok Leyland said, "Ashok Leyland has always been ahead of the curve and leads the CV industry in terms of innovation. Our endeavour has always been to address the needs of our customers and deliver better profitability for them and AVTR 4120 is one step towards this offering the customer flexibility".
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Anuj Kathuria, COO, Ashok Leyland, said, "We have last year launched AVTR India's first Modular Truck platform to address the varied Load-Road-Application and customer requirements. Now, with this innovative product we will give the flexibility to customers. In many applications the load availability is dynamic due to various factors like type of material, onward/return load, seasonality, customer order quantity, etc.
This new product will operate at 40.5 Ton with the lift axle down (Revenue and payload nearly similar to 10x2) and at 28 Ton with the lift axle up (lower fuel and operating cost similar to 6x2) during light load/partial load/return empty. This new product offers the customer flexibility to operate at large band of GVW from 28T to 40.5T with best in class Total Cost of Operation (TCO) benefits.
AVTR 4120 is fitted with 12.5-tonne dual tyre lift axle (DTLA) with Patented Parallogram technology which ensures better tyre life. AVTR 4120 is powered with 200 HP engine with iGen6 technology offering superior power, performance and fluid efficiency.
This innovative product is positioned to change the rule of the game in long haul transport segment"
Key features and advantages for 4120 - 8x2 Truck:
- Built on the latest AVTR modular truck platform, offering flexibility of multiple cab and feature options
- It is powered by Ashok Leyland's iGen6 technology which delivers better fluid efficiency.
- It is available with 200 HP (700 Nm Torque) and 250 HP (900 Nm Torque) options.
- It is available in cowl and 3 cabin options : N Cab, U cab, M cab
- N cabin offers ultimate driving experience with Suspended cab with dampers, Suspended driver seat, Anti-roll bar in the front, excellent storage spaces, Full Metal Front Facia, Music system, AC & HVAC options.
- A range of options available to choose from including maintenance free Unitized wheel bearings, slipper ended rear suspension and so on
- It comes bundled with digital solutions like i-Alert (advanced telematics) , remote diagnostics - supported by 24x7 customer assistance Uptime Solution Centre and Service Mandi network.
DISCLAIMER: This information is published as per the press release sent to us. It has not been verified or ratified by OVERDRIVE.
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Shopping on Indian Highways
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate