Pre-facelift Ford Aspire to continue in the commercial segment as the Aspire Trip
The facelifted Ford Aspire compact sedan has been launched in India. But Ford India has sensed an opportunity here with the old, pre-facelift car and will continue to sell it to ride-hailing serives, taxi operators and other services which require the use of commercial passenger vehicles.
This version has been renamed the Aspire Trip and is a bare-bones iteration of the previous car. There is white paint option with a blue pinstripe, steel wheels, and styling unchanged from the pre-facelift car. The interiors will also be bare-bones with basic features like air-conditioning, power steering and possibly power windows.
The primary engine option will be the more frugal 1.5-litre diesel motor, although either the old 1.2 litre petrol or even the new 1.2-litre dragon unit might be offered. A five speed manual will be the only gearbox option.
With life cycles for cars reducing over time, a strategy such as this makes sense. This has been seen earlier with the Maruti Tour S and the Hyundai Xcent Prime, will help car makers maximize return from a product and also provide maore affordable options to business owners.
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July