Pre-facelift Ford Aspire to continue in the commercial segment as the Aspire Trip
The facelifted Ford Aspire compact sedan has been launched in India. But Ford India has sensed an opportunity here with the old, pre-facelift car and will continue to sell it to ride-hailing serives, taxi operators and other services which require the use of commercial passenger vehicles.
This version has been renamed the Aspire Trip and is a bare-bones iteration of the previous car. There is white paint option with a blue pinstripe, steel wheels, and styling unchanged from the pre-facelift car. The interiors will also be bare-bones with basic features like air-conditioning, power steering and possibly power windows.
The primary engine option will be the more frugal 1.5-litre diesel motor, although either the old 1.2 litre petrol or even the new 1.2-litre dragon unit might be offered. A five speed manual will be the only gearbox option.
With life cycles for cars reducing over time, a strategy such as this makes sense. This has been seen earlier with the Maruti Tour S and the Hyundai Xcent Prime, will help car makers maximize return from a product and also provide maore affordable options to business owners.
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant