Porsche Boxster four-cylinder spotted testing at Nurburgring
Porsche has been spotted testing a Boxster at the Nurburgring. This is not some ordinary Porsche mind you, it is their new four cylinder version of the car. Porsche CEO Matthias Muller told various dailies that due to cost cutting and emission reduction, their legendary flat sixes will be phased on the next generations of the Boxster and Cayman in favour of more economical and more powerful flat-four turbocharged engines. Muller also said that in the future, the four-pot motors could power other models as well.
The Boxster mule here reportedly has a four-cylinder engine. Also the car can be seen wearing modified wheel arches, some aerodynamic bits and bobs under the front and rear bumpers.
The end of an era?
The flat-four will improve economy and produce more power
Muller had said that the flat-four (not to be confused with the Volkswagen Group-sourced 2.0-litre turbo inline-four offered on the new Macan) will deliver up to 400PS, which is significantly more than the naturally aspirated 3.4-litre six-cylinder boxer unit found in the new Boxster (330 PS) and Cayman (340 PS) GTS models.
Pictures courtesy: Autoblog
Starts Rs 1.02 Crore
Starts Rs 1.05 Crore
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- Live updates: 2022 Toyota Hilux India unveil, expected prices, interiors, mileage, specifications, engine, features, safety
- Goodbye Cyrus Gandhy-Burn the rubber on your way to heaven