Polaris gets order for all-terrain vehicles from the Gujarat police
The Gujarat government has placed an order with Polaris India Pvt. Ltd to supply All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs) to the Gujarat police. The order placed is for the RZR S 800. Polaris India Pvt. Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Polaris Industries Inc.
The RZR S800will now be used by the Gujarat police
The scope of the order includes on and off site training, maintenance and after sales support. The vehicle will help the Gujarat Police for routine patrol duties in inaccessible terrain, coastal patrol, vigilance in rough terrain, rapid pursuit operations, maintaining vigil around sensitive and hi-security zones to name a few.
"ATVs are utilised by police forces across the globe. This is for the first time our ATVs will be used by Police in India. Our vehicles are sturdy, reliable and effective over the toughest of terrains. Polaris has demonstrated various ATVs to the Defence, Police and paramilitary forces, as these can be used in beach patrolling, inside dense forests, and on marshy, rocky and rough terrains. This is an opportunity for us to showcase the range of Polaris ATVs' and ORVs' unmatched ruggedness and versatility in harsh, hostile and demanding conditions. We at Polaris are proud to have the Gujarat Police Force introduce Polaris ATVs," said Pankaj Dubey, MD, Polaris India in a press release.
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh