PM Narendra Modi visits Tesla headquarters
One of the top issues that Prime Minister Narendra Modi wanted to address on his recent visit to the United States of America was greener technology. And who better to discuss it with than Tesla chief executive Elon Musk himself?
On Saturday, September 26, the Prime Minister arrived at Tesla headquarters in San Jose, California where he was driven around in a battery-powered cart a small sample of Tesla's electric vehicle technology. From the photographs, it seems he also got a good look at a gleaming red example of Tesla's flagship EV, the Model S.
"We talked about electricity generation and the fact that arguably there's a way to skip ahead with electricity generation in the same way as it happened with cell phones," Elon Musk told reporters later.
Tesla has slowly been changing the face of the auto industry in the US and is widely regarded by many as one of Silicon Valley's most exciting companies.
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots