PM Narendra Modi visits Tesla headquarters
One of the top issues that Prime Minister Narendra Modi wanted to address on his recent visit to the United States of America was greener technology. And who better to discuss it with than Tesla chief executive Elon Musk himself?
On Saturday, September 26, the Prime Minister arrived at Tesla headquarters in San Jose, California where he was driven around in a battery-powered cart a small sample of Tesla's electric vehicle technology. From the photographs, it seems he also got a good look at a gleaming red example of Tesla's flagship EV, the Model S.
"We talked about electricity generation and the fact that arguably there's a way to skip ahead with electricity generation in the same way as it happened with cell phones," Elon Musk told reporters later.
Tesla has slowly been changing the face of the auto industry in the US and is widely regarded by many as one of Silicon Valley's most exciting companies.
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Shopping on Indian Highways
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Audi India start local production of Q5 SUV
- Lifetime replacement spares and labour covered under Volvo Cars' new lifetime parts warranty scheme