Piaggio Vespa Sprint may come to India
Piaggio has already launched the 2014 Vespa Sprint model in Italy and there are reports that this particular variant may come to India. The Sprint is the sporty version of the Primavera.
The Sprint is the sporty version of the Primavera
The Sprint was first put in to production in 1965 and was discontinued eleven years later. The Sprint is meant for those who want a sportier ride and sees minor exterior changes from the Primavera. The scooter gets a redesigned rectangular shaped headlamp and a more angular front end. The rear gets new grab rails while rest of the design details are carried over from the Primavera. The instrument cluster will get a mix of analogue speedometer and digital readouts.
The scooter boasts better cornering abilities and high speed stability due to the use of broader tyres around the seven spoke 12-inch alloy wheels
Powering the Sprint is a 125cc, 3 valve motor with electronic fuel injection generating 10.9PS of power and a turning force of 7.7Nm. The brakes are 200mm disc at the front and 140mm drum setup at the rear. The scooter boasts better cornering abilities and high speed stability due to the use of broader tyres around the seven spoke 12-inch alloy wheels. Another change implemented is the position of the battery which has changed from its regular underseat place to being under the floor board.
The Sprint is available in vintage yellow, blue, and red in the UK. The bike is priced at 3771 pounds (Rs 3,83,295) on the road.
- NewsEuro V compliant 2021 Ducati Streetfighter V4 and V4 S: Everything to know
- NewsDelhi government accelerates EV charging infrastructure plans
- NewsTwo-Wheeler Festive Offers: Gift vouchers worth Rs 6,000 on Okinawa electric scooters
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021