Piaggio India starts its operations in Nepal
Piaggio India has launched a few scooters from its Vespa range in Nepal. The Vespa VX is priced at NPR 2.49 lakh while the more stylish S costs NPR 2.63 lakh. While the VX will be offered with a choice of five colours, the S will be available in only four.
Both the scooters will run the 125cc 3-valve carburetted engine which makes 10PS of power. Standard features include a front disc brake and tubeless MRF tyres. The official dealer for Vespa in Nepal is the D-Lifestyles, a conglomerate of Dev Jyoti Group.
Speaking about the brand's entry in Nepal, Stefano Pelle, managing director , Piaggio India said, "This event is particularly important for the Piaggio Group that is very focused on this part of Asia in its globalisation strategies. Piaggio India is now pioneering the premium bike segment in the two-wheeler market in Nepal. This country always demands and expresses style. The youth here has a great fashion sense of their own, which is why we think that Vespa will fit perfectly as a brand. We are certain that Vespa will allure the youth with its unmistakable style and Italian charm. It has been our endeavor to provide best quality product and service and Nepal will be no exception. We look forward to receiving a great response on this new venture
- Mercedes-Benz service: Putting luxury car ownership within reach
- Why are manufacturers like Ford shutting their plants in India?
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant