Piaggio India launches Vespa 946 Emporio Armani at Rs 12.04 lakh
The Piaggio Group has just launched two scooters in India the Vespa 946 Emporio Armani and the 70th Anniversary Edition of the Vespa. The 946 Emporio Armani costs Rs 12.04 lakh while the Vespa 70th Anniversary Edition is priced at Rs 96,500 (all prices are ex-showroom Pune).
The Vespa 946 Emporio Armani was jointly developed by Piaggio and Italian fashion house, Giorgio Armani. It was launched internationally in 2015 to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Giorgio Armani and the 130th anniversary of the Piaggio Group. The 946 in the name, represents the year 1946 in which the Vespa was first made.
It will be sold as a CBU in India and will run the same three-valve 125cc engine seen in the Vespa 125. This engine produces 11.56PS of power at 8,750rpm and 9.6Nm of torque at 7,750rpm. It also features traction control and 220mm disc brakes with ABS on the 12inch front and rear wheels. Apart from the matte finish paint-job, the Vespa 946 Emporio Armani will also feature an LCD display and LED headlights, taillights and indicators.
The Vespa 70th Anniversary Edition will also run the same 11.56PS 125cc engine, but will produce 11.5Nm of torque at 5,500rpm. Features exclusive to this variant include the azzurro 70 body colour (seen in image), a new brown leather seat with white contrast stitching, a chrome rear carrier, a flyscreen and 70th Anniversary Edition logos on the seat and glove box.
- FeaturesReplicas of "World's First Car" being made in Coimbatore
- NewsDucati teases a new Monster, to be unveiled on December 2
- NewsGovt of India: Only BIS certified two-wheeler helmets can be manufactured and sold in the country
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application