Petrol prices dropped by Rs 3.02 per litre while diesel hiked by Rs 1.47 per litre
The fuel prices in India have been updated following the current international prices of petrol and diesel along with the INR-USD exchange rate. The petrol prices have been dropped by Rs 3.02 per litre while that of diesel has been hiked by Rs 1.47 per litre in India. The new prices will be brought into effect from 12am tonight.
This is the second fuel price revision in this month. On February 17, 2016, the petrol prices were lowered by 32 paise per litre and that of diesel was increased by 28 paise per litre.
According to an official statement from Indian Oil, the current level of international product prices of petrol and diesel and INR-USD exchange rate warrant decrease in price of petrol and increase in price of diesel, the impact of which is being passed on to the customers with this price revision.
It further adds, the movement of prices in the international oil market and INR-USD exchange rate shall continue to be monitored closely and developing trends of the market will be reflected in future price changes
The present prices of petrol and diesel in Mumbai are Rs 62.75 per litre and Rs 53.06 respectively.
- FeaturesReplicas of "World's First Car" being made in Coimbatore
- NewsDucati teases a new Monster, to be unveiled on December 2
- NewsGovt of India: Only BIS certified two-wheeler helmets can be manufactured and sold in the country
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application