Parth Ghorpade's 2017 Lamborghini Super Trofeo campaign begins with a podium
Parth Ghorpade and team-mate Jack Bartholomew, of FFF Racing, began their 2017 season of motorsport well. The duo qualified managed to finish their first race weekend of the Lamborghini Super Trofeo Middle East Series, second in class and third overall.
The race was perhaps made a little easier when the leading car retired. This meant that Ghorpade and Bartholomew were promoted to second place, behind Constantino Bertuzzi and Nigel Farmer. Third place was held by Richard Goddard and Carrie Schreiner. After the pitstops, Marco Antonelli and Davide Roda took the lead, while Ghorpade and Bartholomew continued in second, with Goddard and Schreiner third.
The second race wasn't quite as easy, with the FFF Racing pair having to start from the back of the grid. However, they did manage to make some progress, moving up the order to eventually finish seventh.
- NewsMahindra Thar scores four stars in Global NCAP crash tests
- News2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid facelift unveiled internationally
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and SBI tie-up to offer financial benefits
- NewsPorsche Taycan sets world record going sideways
- NewsIndia two-wheeler helmet market is projected to grow at a double digit rate, Sidhartha Khurana, STUDDS