OVERDRIVE Exclusive: Yamaha R25 Concept walkaround
It was a surprise, but Yamaha unveiled the R25 concept at the Tokyo Motor Show 2013.
Yamaha says that this concept has nothing to do with the R15 in many ways, one of them being that the R25 is a twin-cylinder motorcycle. This is because it comes from the same stable as the M1, R1 and the R6 and a single cylinder would not be able to deliver the same kind of track-bred excitement.
But essentially, the frame can take any kind of engine, so the R25 may be sold as a twin-cylinder in global markets but may come to India as a single-cylinder. Some of the bodywork and parts clearly come across as 'conceptual', but it will be sold in 2014 as a 2014 model.
It will eventually make its way to India, although currently Yamaha's focus for the Indian market is commuter motorcycles, and this was not entirely expected. The rearsets on the bike look complex, although only because it is a concept. The production model will have simpler components in terms of manufacturing, costs and looks. The concept model gets an LED assembly at the rear.
- Maruti Suzuki expected to launch Swift Cross to rival Tata Punch, as per reports
- Delhi government changes laws for diesel vehicles over 10 years old
- Next-generation Hyundai Verna spotted testing ahead of 2022 reveal
- Mahindra Bolero Neo: Neo World Order
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?