Our motorsport editor Vaishali Dinakaran wins second consecutive Peugeot Motorsport Cup awarded by the Guild of Motoring Writers
Vaishali Dinakaran has done it again! In winning the Peugeot Motorsport Cup for the second year running, Vaishali becomes one of the few journalists to be awarded the honours consecutively by the Guild of Motoring Writers.
Vaishali Dinakaran (right) receives the 2019 Peugeot Motorsport Cup from Kerry Livsy (left), PR manager Peugeot
Vaishali's work was recognised with top honours, having being nominated as a finalist from over 250 submissions received, spanning the 15 award categories.
The winning piece, a heartfelt letter to F1-legend Niki Lauda after his passing, appeared in the July 2019 issue of OVERDRIVE magazine. Vaishali's other pieces that were submitted include a look back on Finnish rally-champion Ari Vatanen's life and career, appearing in the September 2019 issue of OVERDRIVE. The third is an editorial on age in motorsports not being a limiting factor.
The Guild of Motoring Writers' is the world's largest association for automotive editorial professionals and its president is none other than Nick Mason, petrolhead and somewhat more famously, drummer for Pink Floyd. The Guild also operates the longest running annual awards recognising motoring editorial excellence for both members and non-members, apart from awards for new competitors in motorsport, and other noteworthy achievements in the automotive and motorsport industries.
- FeaturesReplicas of "World's First Car" being made in Coimbatore
- NewsDucati teases a new Monster, to be unveiled on December 2
- NewsGovt of India: Only BIS certified two-wheeler helmets can be manufactured and sold in the country
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application