Okinawa electric scooters get a price cut of upto Rs 26,000 - courtesy FAME-II
Okinawa's electric scooters - The Okinawa i-Praise and the Okinawa Ridge+ will benefit from the subsidy that the phase two of FAME (Faster Adoption and Manufacture of hybrid and Electric vehicles) offers following its implementation last month.
The government subsidy on the i-Praise is Rs 17,000 and the Ridge+ gets a subsidy of Rs 26,000. Both the electric scooters source its power from a lithium-ion battery.
For the electric scooters to comply to the FAME-II norms, the vehicles must have a top speed of over 40 kmph and should have a minimum charge range of 80 km. Also, the electric vehicles must have at least 50 per cent of the components sourced locally. And both the Okinawa's scooters fit the bill.
The Ridge+ gets a 1.75 kWh lithium-ion battery pack and has a range of up to 100 kms - along with a top speed of 55 kmph. The EV scooter is priced at Rs 79,290. The i-Praise on the other hand 2.9 KWh battery and boasts a range of up to 160 kms - with a top speed of 75 kmph. The i-Praise will set you back by Rs 1.16 lakh - All prices are ex-showroom India.
Starts Rs 44,990
- NewsHyundai i20 N unveiled with over 200PS and six-speed manual
- NewsVolkswagen India appoints Ashish Gupta as brand director
- NewsOver 50,000 bookings for the Kia Sonet, diesel models account for 40 per cent
- NewsNissan Magnite revealed: Everything we know so far
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite global unveil, exterior styling, interiors, features, engines, variants, details