Oben Electric raises USD 4 million in pre-series-A funding round
Bengaluru-based electric motorcycle start-up, Oben Electric, has raised USD 4 million in its pre-series A round of funding - led by US India EV Angels LLC, Dholakia Ventures and existing investor We Founder Circle.
Oben Electric is claiming a healthy amount of bookings for the Rorr from India as well as export markets. The company have stated that deliveries of the electric motorcycle are expected to begin from Q1, 2023. According to the Oben, the RORR has been developed basis global benchmarks and is well-positioned to enter various international markets in the future.
On the new investment, Madhumita Agrawal, Founder and CEO, Oben Electric, said, "We are happy to share that we are now heading towards our next milestone in our ongoing EV journey, whilst moving towards meeting the larger vision. These funds will be used to fulfil existing orders, ramp up production capacity, and expand our distribution network."
The Oben Electric Rorr was launched earlier this year and we did get a chance to test the pre-production model. Click here to read the Oben Rorr first ride review.
Starts Rs 99,999
- Toyota showcased modern and sustainable technology range at Auto Expo 2023
- 2023 Hyundai Aura launched, prices start from Rs 6.29 lakh
- Car sales January 2023: Maruti Suzuki, Kia, Tata Motors, and more
- Mysterious Barriers on Highway in Madhya Pradesh
- Hero Xoom launched in India, prices start from Rs 68,599