Nissan to unveil TeRRA SUV concept at Paris Motor Show 2012
On September 27, 2012 Nissan will unveil the TeRRA SUV concept at the Paris Motor Show, a blend of SUVs and EVs. It has a 4x4 fuel-cell electric powertrain that has the front wheels driven by an electric propulsion unit as seen on the Leaf and rear ones by individual electric motors. The 2.5kW/L hydrogen fuel cell stack is placed under the bonnet. Since no drive shafts are required, there is no hump in the cabin floor, thereby maximising the space.
The Nissan TeRRA SUV concept has a typical stance reminding one of the Juke series. Inside the cabin, the door panels are made of coloured acrylic and wood trim. The wood/metal contrast continues across the dashboard and the meter console is slightly tilted towards the driver. A unique electronic tablet acts as the centre console. When the driver docks it, the car starts and the tablet starts displaying speed and other information. Once outside the car, the same tablet functions as a multimedia device. It however stays continually in touch with the vehicle. The driver's seat is placed in a diagonal layout wherein he is seated almost in the centre and the rear passenger seats are positioned in such a way that they can overlook beyond his shoulders at the tablet console.
Nissan TeRRA's boot space, the company claims, can easily hold kayaks and bikes with the passenger seats folded down. Nissan has made it clear that the TeRRA remains a concept until hydrogen refilling stations becomes widely available and they can think of mass producing it.
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza facelift dimensions, variants revealed ahead of launch
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N unveiled in India, bookings open July 30
- Live updates: 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N launch, price reveal, interiors, mileage, specifications, engine, features, safety