Nissan showcases self-cleaning car
Washing cars is an acquired taste. Some people love doing it, while others hate it. In India, we prefer getting it done by someone else for a fee. This, though, may soon change. Nissan is testing a nano-paint coating for vehicles which will make washing a car... well the car's problem, not yours.
The video below shows the whole testing process on the European Note hatchback. It shows the hatch going through dirt as if auditioning for a detergent commercial. It further shows the dirt slipping off the body. The key to the process is the special layer of super-hydrophobic and oleophobic material called Ultra-Ever Dry that is sprayed over the paint. This creates a layer over the body to protect it from the elements. This means that when dirt and dust come in contact with the coating, they just roll off just like water on water-repellent jeans.
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Toyota Hilux specifications revealed ahead of India launch
- Best car for-Driving around the World
- Near-production Citroen C3 spotted in India ahead of launch
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate