Nissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
Chairman of Nissan Motor Co Ltd Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by authorities in Japan for an alleged violation of Japan's financial instruments and exchange act. Tokyo prosecutors, claims Japanese newspaper Asahi's website on Monday, are looking into alleged financial violations against him. The newspaper has reported that the Ghosn, who is also the chairman and chief executive of French automobile maker Renault, was suspected to have understated his own income on financial statements.
Ghosn has voluntarily agreed to speak to prosecutors regarding the allegations, and hence may be arrested to be brought in. Asahi has quoted a Nissan spokesperson stating that the company was checking the report at the moment and making checks. Further details of this development are currently unavailable.
- Maruti Suzuki expected to launch Swift Cross to rival Tata Punch, as per reports
- Tata Motors experience a 38 percent rise in sales for the month of November 2021
- Upcoming Kia MPV officially named Carens, unveil on December 16
- Mahindra Bolero Neo: Neo World Order
- Supreme Court allows registration of BS4 vehicles sold before April 1, 2020