Nissan GT-R to be launched in November 2015
While earlier Nissan was contemplating about bringing the iconic GT-R to the Indian market, a source now says that the company will launch the model this year. The source indicates a launch closer to the November-December 2015 period.
Nissan's other sportscar offering for India, the 370Z didn't have much success. Buyers in this segment usually go for brand recognition, something which Nissan India currently lacks. The Nissan GT-R will be a halo product for the Japanese company, which of late has been seeing lacklustre sales numbers and a not so modern product range.
The Nissan GT-R gets a twin turbo 3.8-litre V6 petrol motor that is good for 560 horses and 463Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed dual clutch transmission that sends power to all the four wheels. The engine-transmission combo can help the Nissan GT-R to achieve a claimed top speed of 315.4kmph.
Nissan is likely to price the GT-R sportscar at a premium of around Rs 1.5 crore when it goes on sale. Apart from being a revered name all over the world, the Nissan GT-R will also give a tough fight to the Porsches, Lamborghinis and Aston Martins for being a everyday useable car.
Starts Rs 2.12 Crore
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed