Nissan GT-R launch in India delayed
Sources close to Nissan reveal that the Japanese carmaker is still undecided on the feasibility of the GT-R in the Indian market. News of Nissan bringing the iconic supercar to India has been in the air for quite some time. However, our sources confirm that Nissan's primary focus right now is on strengthening its footing in the Indian market through its bestselling products - the Micra, the Sunny and the Terrano. It's also been pointed out that the other Japanese carmakers don't have any presence in this segment either.
It's worth noting that the sportscar market in India is highly brand-driven and Nissan's 370Z had a tough time competing with its German rivals in India. The GT-R, with its current price positioning in Europe and Japan, could end up being pricier than the likes of the Audi R8 in the Indian market. So if you have been dreaming of walking into a Nissan India dealership and driving out in a GT-R, you'll have to sleep a little longer.
More from OVERDRIVE:
Starts Rs 2.12 Crore
Starts Rs 2.55 Crore
- Nissan Magnite: Best-in-class, throughout
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Jeep Meridian 7-seater SUV spied testing in India ahead of early-2022 launch
- Top 5 most fuel efficient SUVs in India
- 2021 Toyota Land Cruiser customers in Japan to sign no-resell undertaking, bookings suspended