Next Generation Skoda Rapid design sketches unveiled - India launch expected in 2021
Skoda Rapid sedan is the entry-level vehicle in the Skoda India's line-up, however, the sedan has been long in the tooth. Recently, Skoda has unveiled the design sketches of the next-generation Rapid which could replace the Indian model by 2021.
The sketches reveal the fascia of the sedan which is reminiscent of the current car, however, with bolder lines. The grill gets a vertically slotted design with chrome surrounding it. The shoulder line is flat and runs parallel to the window sill across the length of the car.
Upcoming Skoda Rapid's design sketch
The new car will be based on the MQB platform that also underpins the Volkswagen Vitrus, Skoda Kamiq and Skoda T-Cross internationally. However, the MQB platform will be exclusive to the European spec sedan, while the India spec Rapid will be based on the MQB A0-IN platform (An Indianised adaptation of the MQB platform). The India spec model will be dimensionally smaller to the European spec Skoda Rapid and will have drivetrain options much suited for our conditions.
Picture of the current generation Skoda Rapid on sale in India
Current the Skoda Rapid uses a 1.6-litre four-cylinder petrol engine which is expected to be replaced by a 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine producing 115PS and 200Nm of torque. The new engine could be mated to a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG gearbox.
Starts Rs 7.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16 Lakhs
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility
- NewsRenault expands Indian presence, with 34 new sales and service touchpoints
- Review2020 Hyundai Tuscon facelift road test review
- NewsFacelifted Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 Coupe SUV to launch in India on November 3