Next-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
Skoda Auto has released design sketches of the new generation 2020 Skoda Octavia. The Czech brand will reveal this car internationally at the Frankfurt Motor Show on November 11. This is the fourth-generation of the Octavia and is expected to make it to India by the end of 2020.
The new Octavia is still a liftback but the treatment of the design is much more coupe-like. This more than a hint of the Superb towards the latter half of the car but the big change is in the front. The split headlamp look has been done away with and the face is now much sharper with the angular headlamps, a sharply cut grille and angular lines on the bumpers and bonnet. The side profile seems to have the signature Skoda shoulder-line, but with a more pronounced edge. The rear again has a crisper interpretation of what we have seen earlier with the more aggressive C-motif taillamps and the rising edge to the boot.
No pictures are available on the internet but we can expect the insides of the Octavia to carry over quite a few bits from the Scala. This means a minimalistic layout but again with varied surfacing to bring a more premium feel. A floating touchscreen and slim AC vents placed lower in the dash can also be expected.
As far as engines go, we can expect the famialr VW group engines like a 1.5-litre/1.8-litre petrol, a 2.0-litre diesel as well as a iV plug-in hybrid which should use the Superb iV's oily bits.
Starts Rs 16 Lakhs
Starts Rs 17.94 Lakhs
Starts Rs 17.6 Lakhs
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021
- News2020 Bajaj CT 100 KS, priced at Rs 46,432, is the most affordable 100cc motorcycle
- NewsMercedes-Benz India delivers 550 cars during Navratri and Dussehra 2020
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno reaches 8 lakh sales milestone in 5 years