Next-generation 2020 Hyundai i20 spotted testing under camouflage
While these pictures show a heavily camouflaged car, it is quite clear that the new i20 follows Hyundai's Sensuous Sportiness designe theme showcased by the Le Fil Rouge concept last year. So you have the more sculpted body panels, the clearer lines and the cascading grille design as on the Venue. Some of the swoopiness of the earlier i20 seems to have given way to clearer elements like the flatter roof, raked bonnet and simpler lighting elements, all traits that we've seen on the Venue as well. A clear indication of this is the design of the rear-veiw mirrors. Overall, the hatchback seems to have grown larger too.
The interiors are expected to improve material quality and come with soft-touch material and a darker colour scheme. Also expected is the ne touchscreen interface from the Venue with the Blue Link connected car tech. A look at the steering wheel and instrument cluster from the Venue should give us a good idea of what to expect from the new i20.
As far as engine options are concerned, we think the 1.0-litre T-GDi turbo-petrol and the BSVI-compliant version of the 1,4-diesel engine to make its way here. The seven-speed DCT can also be reasonably expected.
The current Hyundai i20 continues to be a good seller, given the new entrants. The new i20 will be expected to carry forward that trend, so expect only a slight premium over the current car.
Image source: Vikatan
Starts Rs 6.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
- FeaturesReplicas of "World's First Car" being made in Coimbatore
- NewsDucati teases a new Monster, to be unveiled on December 2
- NewsGovt of India: Only BIS certified two-wheeler helmets can be manufactured and sold in the country
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application