Next-generation 2020 Hyundai i20 spotted testing under camouflage
With the launch of the Hyundai Venue SUV out of the way, Hyundai now seems to have turned its focus on developing the next iteration of the Hyundai i20 hatchback, as seen in these spy images.
While these pictures show a heavily camouflaged car, it is quite clear that the new i20 follows Hyundai's Sensuous Sportiness designe theme showcased by the Le Fil Rouge concept last year. So you have the more sculpted body panels, the clearer lines and the cascading grille design as on the Venue. Some of the swoopiness of the earlier i20 seems to have given way to clearer elements like the flatter roof, raked bonnet and simpler lighting elements, all traits that we've seen on the Venue as well. A clear indication of this is the design of the rear-veiw mirrors. Overall, the hatchback seems to have grown larger too.
The interiors are expected to improve material quality and come with soft-touch material and a darker colour scheme. Also expected is the ne touchscreen interface from the Venue with the Blue Link connected car tech. A look at the steering wheel and instrument cluster from the Venue should give us a good idea of what to expect from the new i20.
As far as engine options are concerned, we think the 1.0-litre T-GDi turbo-petrol and the BSVI-compliant version of the 1,4-diesel engine to make its way here. The seven-speed DCT can also be reasonably expected.
The current Hyundai i20 continues to be a good seller, given the new entrants. The new i20 will be expected to carry forward that trend, so expect only a slight premium over the current car.
Image source: Vikatan
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021
- News2020 Bajaj CT 100 KS, priced at Rs 46,432, is the most affordable 100cc motorcycle
- NewsMercedes-Benz India delivers 550 cars during Navratri and Dussehra 2020
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno reaches 8 lakh sales milestone in 5 years