Next-gen Ssangyong Rexton to be showcased at 2016 Paris Motor Show
The next iteration of the Ssangyong Rexton will be revealed at the 2016 Paris Auto Show in October. Code-named the Y400, this will mark the third generation of the Ssangyong Rexton. The all-new Rexton bears a striking resemblance to the Ssangyong LIV-1 Concept, which was showcased at the 2013 Seoul Motor Show. With an all-new ladder-frame chassis which will feature on the Ssangyong Korado's replacement, the new Rexton bears a "polar bear" inspired exterior, with a completely redesigned interior.
The all-new Ssangyong Rexton will be powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged GDi petrol engine whose specs are yet to be disclosed. The 180PS 2.2-litre turbocharged diesel unit in the current-gen Rexton will also feature as an option. Power will be channeled to all four wheels via the same 7-speed automatic, while the petrol unit will most likely get a Mercedes-Benz sourced 8-speed automatic transmission.
From current sketches, the interior seems like a big step-up from the current-gen offering, with a 3-seater option akin to that seen on the Volvo XC90. Expect the next-gen Rexton to be priced higher than the outgoing model.
Starts Rs 80.9 Lakhs
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Facelifted 2021 BMW X3 and X4 unveiled with heavy interior revisions
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar bookings begin in India, interiors revealed
- Toyota Yaris to be discontinued this month, rebadged Ciaz replacement?
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh