Next-gen Porsche Macan EV clay model leaked
Porsche seems to have dropped an easter egg with its Porsche Unseen project, a new book that documents a number of concepts from its design centre in Weissach that have never been displayed publicly before. A clay model in the backdrop of the Porsche 919 Street seems to be an early clay model of the upcoming all-electric second-gen Porsche Macan.
Pointing to this assumption is the fact that the model seems to incorporate many of the design cues from the Porsche Taycan in an SUV bodystyle. The new Macan should get a slimmer set of headlamps and a lower-placed grille with a blanked-out upper bumper section. The bodywork seems to be more tight-fitting along with a more prominent coupe-ish roofline.
The new Macan will be based on Porsche's Premium Platform Electric (PPE) architecture which is a modular platform developed for all premium electric cars that will roll out from Porsche and Audi, including the latter's fully-electric e-tron range. The Macan will incorporate the 800-volt technology and electrical system similar to the Taycan and its upcoming Cross Turismo variant. Higher-spec versions are also expected to get a four-motor setup.
The second-gen Macan is expected to debut globally by 2022. See more of the concepts from Porsche Unseen here.
Starts Rs 69.98 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet