New Tata Safari Storme with 156PS/400Nm launched in India at Rs 13.42 lakh
Tata Motors have launched the new Safari Storme in India with an updated engine. The new Tata Safari Storme with Varicor 400 badging is available only in the VX trim and is priced at Rs 13.42 lakh, ex-Delhi. Other Safari Storme variants, the 150PS continue with the EX and LX.
The updated 2.2-litre 4 cylinder engine makes 156PS/400Nm, up from 150PS/320Nm. Tata Motors have also mated this engine to a new 6-speed manual transmission. This engine and transmission combo was first showcased in the Hexa concept car. The Tata Hexa is expected to replace the Aria and will be launched in India sometime in mid-2016.
Along with the new engine, the Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 also gets a self adjusting clutch mechanism. Other features like the Bluetooth-enabled Harman music system, reverse parking sensors and multi function steering wheel have been carried forward from the recently updated Safari Storme. There are also twin airbags, disc brakes on all four wheels as well as ABS and EBD.
Read our review of the Tata Safari Storme here
Starts Rs 14.99 Lakhs
- Living with an electric car: Mumbai-Pune roadtrip in a Tata Nexon EV
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar launched in India, prices start from Rs 16.30 lakh
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar: Prices and variants explained
- Spec comparison: Hyundai Alcazar vs Tata Safari vs MG Hector Plus
- Here's how the air conditioning system in an electric car works