New Renault Fluence nearing India launch
Renault had showcased its new Fluence at the Paris Motor Show 2012 and had promised that this face-lifted version will be coming to India soon. It appears that the time to make good on this promise is near: the new Fluence has been spotted at Renault's Chennai facility. The car is here apparently for homologation purposes.
New Renault Fluence
The Fluence facelift freshens up the car significantly. Noticeable amongst the changes are a larger grille with the Renault diamond now intersecting it. It is flanked by a chrome band. The bumper also has a wider air intake and is now divided in to three sections. The fog lamps have LED daytime running lamps above them. This face of the Fluence is the new family look, which started with the Zoe. At the sides and rear, the new Fluence looks similar to the outgoing model with minor changes like the set of new alloy wheels and redesigned rear bumper. Inside, the Fluence is expected to have a new audio system and minor enhancements over the older-gen car.
The current Indian Fluence
As far as the powertrains go, they will remain unaltered. So buyers will have a choice of 1.5-litre diesel and 1.6-litre petrol engines with manual and automatic (on the petrol) gearboxes. That being said, the launch of the Fluence, we believe, will happen only next year at the 2014 Auto Expo where the refreshed Duster may also be shown.
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- Comparison test: KTM 390 Adventure vs Royal Enfield Himalayan BSVI vs BMW G 310 GS vs Hero Xpulse 200