Exclusive: New nomenclature for diesel powered cars from Mercedes-Benz India
Earlier last year, Mercedes-Benz announced that their new models will start with a revised nomenclature. Thus were born the new GLE and GLC cars. While both those cars are expected to make their way to the Indian market soon, the company has already started changing the way it names its diesel cars.
Previously, all Mercedes-Benz India diesel models had the CDI badging, however, that is now being replaced with a simple 'd'. This is similar to how BMW names its diesel cars - the 'd' will be a suffix.
While the company has started this naming procedure with the new S-Class, a Mercedes-Benz official said that all future diesel cars from the manufacturer will carry this badging.
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Why are manufacturers like Ford shutting their plants in India?
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant
- Mahindra XUV700 variants revealed ahead of launch