New-generation Jeep Wrangler Sahara spotted on test in Kolhapur, India - launch expected soon
A test mule of Jeep Wrangler Sahara was spotted on test in Kolhapur, India. However, this time the upcoming SUV has been spotted with a camouflage wrap instead of a traditional camouflage blanket that we're used to seeing on upcoming cars, also, the car does not host a licence plate that we've seen in the earlier spy shots.
For the 2020 Model year, the Wrangler Unlimited sits on the newer JL platform. Internationally, the Wrangler is available in both petrol as well as diesel engines, however, the engine that could interest the Indian market is a 2.2-litre diesel engine that produces 200PS and 488Nm of torque.
Also, the India bound Wrangler has recently scored only one star in ANCAP (Australasian New Car Assessment Program). ANCAP Chief Executive, James Goodwin said," The safety performance of the Wrangler is limited, falling well shy of the expected standard in three of the four key areas of assessment."
The pricing of the new generation Jeep Wrangler is expected to be around Rs 65 lakh although the Rubicon trim could be dearer to its customers by a margin.
Image Source - Sagar Keluskar
Starts Rs 53.9 Lakhs
- Nissan Magnite: Best-in-class, throughout
- Top 5 most fuel efficient SUVs in India
- Jeep Meridian 7-seater SUV spied testing in India ahead of early-2022 launch
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Production-spec Mahindra XUV700 leaked ahead of launch, interior teased