New-generation Jeep Wrangler Sahara spotted on test in Kolhapur, India - launch expected soon
A test mule of Jeep Wrangler Sahara was spotted on test in Kolhapur, India. However, this time the upcoming SUV has been spotted with a camouflage wrap instead of a traditional camouflage blanket that we're used to seeing on upcoming cars, also, the car does not host a licence plate that we've seen in the earlier spy shots.
For the 2020 Model year, the Wrangler Unlimited sits on the newer JL platform. Internationally, the Wrangler is available in both petrol as well as diesel engines, however, the engine that could interest the Indian market is a 2.2-litre diesel engine that produces 200PS and 488Nm of torque.
Also, the India bound Wrangler has recently scored only one star in ANCAP (Australasian New Car Assessment Program). ANCAP Chief Executive, James Goodwin said," The safety performance of the Wrangler is limited, falling well shy of the expected standard in three of the four key areas of assessment."
The pricing of the new generation Jeep Wrangler is expected to be around Rs 65 lakh although the Rubicon trim could be dearer to its customers by a margin.
Image Source - Sagar Keluskar
Starts Rs 63.94 Lakhs
- NewsBMW X5 M Competition launched in India, prices start from Rs 1.95 crore
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled