New Audi A4 177PS diesel with Drive Select launched in India at Rs 31.74 lakh
Audi has just launched a new 177PS diesel variant of the A4 2.0TDi that will now feature the company's Drive Select. It is priced at Rs 31,74,000 ex-Mumbai and will be available in all Audi dealerships across India.
The 2.0-litre TDI diesel engine will now make 177PS@4200rpm (up from 141PS) and 380Nm@1750-2500rpm (up from 320Nm). That's a 27 per cent improvement in power output from same 2-litre displacement and is in a similar state of tune to the 2.0-litre TDI in the A6. Other variants like the 160PS 1.8TFSi, 143PS 2.0TDi and the top of the range 242PS 3.0TDi will still be on offer. There is also a more sportier A4 in the guise of the 333PS S4.
The new A4 177PS diesel variant will also feature Audi Drive Select that will give the driver control over engine, transmission and steering characteristics so the ride and handling of the car can be matched with the road and driving conditions. For example switching to comfort mode will soften the dampening and lighten the steering great for relaxed city drives. Having just driven the Audi S4 that features the same system, we can confirm that it makes significant changes that do have a positive impact on the driving experience.
"This car packs a powerful punch with its on-road performance which will appeal to both our discerning customers as well as the enthusiast," said Joe King, Head, Audi India.
Starts Rs 42.34 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030