NASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
In a fitting end to his season at the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series, Advait Deodhar took first prize in the Elite division championship when he won the final race held this past weekend at the Circuit Zolder in Belgium.
Driving his #27 BVR Motorsport Ford Mustang, Deodhar set the most consistent times across the two sessions to score his third win of the season. Clemens Sparowitz, #99 Dexwet-DF1 Racing Chevrolet Camaro, was second in the overall standings for the Elite division. Rounding off the podium was Andreas Kuchelbacher, driving the #2 Alex Caffi Motorsport Toyota Camry.
In the race itself, Deodhar was followed by Giovanni Trione and Pol van Pollaert.
The 28-year old now wants to race the full season in the higher Elite 2 division with Dexwet-DF1 Racing
He won the season opener earlier this year in Valencia, this was followed by a second-place finish in Italy and another victory at Hockenheim. This makes Deodhar the first Indian driver to win a NASCAR Whelen Euro title
Deodhar is now quite confident of his future. The 28-year old now wants to race the full season in the higher Elite 2 division with Dexwet-DF1 Racing. He says he is going to fight for the championship and is very confident of being in the top 3 in the Elite 2 division in 2019.
Starts Rs 74.62 Lakhs
Starts Rs 41.7 Lakhs
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Toyota Hilux specifications revealed ahead of India launch
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Best car for-Driving around the World
- Yezdi is back, three bikes launched; price range 1.98 - 2.09lakh