NASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
In a fitting end to his season at the NASCAR Whelen Euro Series, Advait Deodhar took first prize in the Elite division championship when he won the final race held this past weekend at the Circuit Zolder in Belgium.
Driving his #27 BVR Motorsport Ford Mustang, Deodhar set the most consistent times across the two sessions to score his third win of the season. Clemens Sparowitz, #99 Dexwet-DF1 Racing Chevrolet Camaro, was second in the overall standings for the Elite division. Rounding off the podium was Andreas Kuchelbacher, driving the #2 Alex Caffi Motorsport Toyota Camry.
In the race itself, Deodhar was followed by Giovanni Trione and Pol van Pollaert.
The 28-year old now wants to race the full season in the higher Elite 2 division with Dexwet-DF1 Racing
He won the season opener earlier this year in Valencia, this was followed by a second-place finish in Italy and another victory at Hockenheim. This makes Deodhar the first Indian driver to win a NASCAR Whelen Euro title
Deodhar is now quite confident of his future. The 28-year old now wants to race the full season in the higher Elite 2 division with Dexwet-DF1 Racing. He says he is going to fight for the championship and is very confident of being in the top 3 in the Elite 2 division in 2019.
Starts Rs 74.62 Lakhs
Starts Rs 37.88 Lakhs
- NewsTata Nexon EV crosses 2,000 sales mark
- NewsBMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Black Shadow Edition launched in India at Rs 42.30 lakh, limited to 24 units
- NewsUniform PUC certificate for all vehicles across India soon
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport