MotoGP: Marc Marquez storms to Catalunya pole
Marc Marquez will start his home race, the Catalunya GP in 2016, on pole
Marc Marquez took pole at the 2016 Catalunya GP, his first at the track since he moved up to MotoGP, by 0.476sec.
Second place on the grid went to championship leader Jorge Lorenzo, while Marquez's team-mate Dani Pedrosa completed the front row at a track that seems to suit the Repsol Hondas very well.
Hector Barbera lines up at the head of Row 2, with Valentino Rossi only able to manage fifth and Suzuki's Maverick Vinales not able to do better than sixth, despite showing plenty of promise during practice.
Cal Crutchlow took seventh spot, with Andrea Iannone eighth and Danilo Petrucci taking ninth to complete Row 3 of the grid. Row four see Andrea Dovizioso, Scott Redding and Pol Espargaro line up alongside each other.
Following Luis Salom's crash on Friday, the riders are now competing on a revised layout of the F1 circuit at Catalunya.
- First Ola electric car to be a large sedan
- 2022 Hyundai Venue facelift: Prices and variants explained
- Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to be available in 4 variants and 9 colour options
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG review, road test - the best CNG car you can buy?
- Here's how the air conditioning system in an electric car works