MotoGP 2016: Andrea Dovizioso takes Sepang victory
Andrea Dovizioso took a fine win at a very wet Sepang
The 2016 MotoGP season had its ninth different winner, with Andrea Dovizioso claiming victory at a very wet Sepang. Dovizioso managed to stay at the front of the pack all through the race, eventually taking victory, in a race that saw the likes of Cal Crutchlow and Marc Marquez crash out.
That left the battle for first between Rossi and Dovizioso. Unfortunately for the Yamaha team, on the 15th lap Rossi ran wide on the entry to Turn 1, which meant that his Ducati rival was able to pull out a lead that could not be threatened all the way to the chequered flag. He finished nine seconds ahead of Rossi. Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo finished third.
Ducati's Andrea Dovizioso, flanked by Yamaha riders Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo
It was a fourth place finish for Hector Barbera, while Loris Baz finished fifth, making it a terrific day for the Avintia Ducati team. Maverick Vinales rode his Suzuki to sixth place.
Alvaro Bautista also managed to pick up points for Aprilia, taking seventh place. While Jack Miller took eighth. Ninth place went to Pol Espargaro, while Danilo Petrucci took tenth place.
- Spec Comparison: Hyundai Tucson Vs Jeep Compass Vs Volkswagen Tiguan Vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- 2022 Hyundai Tucson review, first drive - More, for more
- Mahindra debuts two EV sub-brands, five EV concepts, launch from December 2024
- Upcoming Audi Q3 bookings commence from Rs 2 lakh
- Here's how the air conditioning system in an electric car works