More exclusive spy images of the Tata Harrier SUV undergoing testing
OVERDRIVE has found more images of the widely anticipated Tata Harrier undergoing testing. These images give quite a nice idea of what the Harrier's size will be alongside rivals. We suspect it'll be slightly bigger than the Jeep Compass but following a bit short of the Hyundai Tucson.
The exterior design of the production car will follow Tata's Impact Design 2.0 showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. So, a slimmer front grille and lights, aggressively contoured side profiles, steeply raked roofline and large wheel sizes can be expected. The interior also will have to be the best ever fitted to a Tata car and build on the progress the firm has been making in this aspect.
The production Harrier (previously the H5X concept) will be based on Jaguar Land Rover's entry-level SUV platform, variations of which support cars like the Land Rover Discovery Sport, Jaguar E-Pace and the Range Rover Evoque. Tata's version, called Omega-Arc (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture), will involve the use of cheaper materials and components to keep costs down.
The Harrier will be powered by the Multijet II engine from FCA, as seen in the Jeep Compass, in two states of tune - 140PS for the 5-seater version and 170PS for the 7-seater. Both two and four-wheel drive will be available and transmission options will be a 6-speed manual and automatic. The 5-seater should come in the Rs. 9 to 12 lakh price bracket.
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 22.3 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh