Mini to get back the manuals in 2021, in the US
Paperwork can be tricky and at times painful too. Well, ask Mini about it because when certification issues had left the stick shift out of the mix for almost the entire 2020. It seems that calibration testing of the new six-speed manual is finally done with and the MY2021 Minis that will be launched in the latter half of this year will have the manual options in the US.
Surprisingly more than a third of Mini buyers in the US opt for the manual option and it will now be offered across all the models of the Mini Cooper, the 2-door hardtop and the convertible and the 4-door. The 1.5-litre turbo-petrol will certainly get the 6-speed manual along with the 2.0-litre Cooper S.
The 230PS John Cooper Works will get the manual only for the hardtop while the 301PS JCW GP madness will get the eight-speed automatic only. Mini certainly would not mind getting the manual to the Clubman and the Countryman, considering that they are still identified as compact cars in the American market.
We hope Mini (and BMW) decide to bring the Mini manual to India, one of the largest markets in the world for manuals, at least as an optional extra for the ones who want it!
Starts Rs 38.9 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know