MG Motor partners with Tata Power for fast chargers
MG Motor India has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Tata Power. Through this partnership, Tata Power will install 50kW fast chargers at certain MG dealerships. The firm will also offer end-to-end EV charging solutions to MG dealerships across India.
MG Motor already has 10 fast chargers installed at various dealership in New Delhi- NCR, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru and Hyderabad, as part of the Phase 1 launch of the MG ZS EV. The chargers installed by Tata Power will focus on the cities that are being targeted in the next phase of the brand's expansion of EV sales. The MG ZS EV was recently made available for sale in Chennai, Pune, Surat, Chandigarh, Cochin and Jaipur.
Tata Power already has a significant EV charging ecosystem in place with over 180 charging points in 19 cities. This functions under the EZ Charge brand, which also incorporates a digital platform for better customer experience. The MG-Tata Power partnership will follow a similar approach and will also explore options to repurpose discarded batteries.
Tata Power is India's largest integrated power company and has an installed/managed capacity of 2,742 MW. The company is also working very closely with Tata Motors to provide EV infrastructure support to the Tata Nexon EV and other upcoming all-electric models from the homegrown car-maker.
Starts Rs 20.88 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.99 Lakhs
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base
- NewsHero MotoCorp to develop and sell motorcycles under the Harley-Davidson brand