MG Motor India to launch EV crossover priced between Rs 10 to 15 lakh by 2023
MG Motor India has announced its next offering for India will be an EV that will be priced between Rs 10 to 15 lakh. This MG EV will be a crossover and will launch sometime in 2022. The new electric car will be positioned below the MG ZS EV.
New MG EV 2023
Expanding further, MG Motor India has also stated that the new EV crossover will be based on a global offering that will be reworked for the Indian market. The new crossover is expected to be based on a new global architecture that was possibly previewed by the MG One. The new structure is stated to be very flexible and can support over 100 different modules which will spawn a full range of body styles like hatchbacks, notchbacks, sports cars, off-roaders and SUVs.
MG One shown for representation
The MG EV crossover should come with a roughly 30 to 40 kWh battery pack and should be good for a 200 to 300 km real-world range. A single-motor set-up can be expected with segment-matching power and torque figures. We can also expect to see significant fast-charging capabilities.
2023 MG EV rivals, upcoming EVs in India
The new MG electric crossover will go up squarely against the Tata Nexon EV. This announcement is the latest in a spate of big ticket electric vehicle plans announced over the past year. The country's three largest carmakers have all announced a big EV push over the next decade.
Starts Rs 20.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.99 Lakhs
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained