MG Motor India evaluates sterilisation of cabin technology for its cars
MG Motor India is evaluating the possibility of equipping its cars with technology that can naturally sterilise the cabin air and its surfaces. This will be done with Cerafusion, a tech that has been developed and patented by Singapore-based Medklinn. MG plans on introducing this tech in its cars, the Hector and the ZS EV. The Cerafusion technology, as mentioned by Medklinn, will ensure complete disinfection and sterilisation by leveraging active oxygen to sterilise allergens, pollutants and microbial organisms naturally with the use of chemicals. This will not only eliminate bacteria, mould, yeast, and viruses from the air within the cabin but also sterilises various surfaces in the cabin.
"As part of our commitment to innovation and safety, we are partnering with Medklinn, one of the top global players in this domain, to explore world-class cabin sterilisation solution in our vehicles. We are proactively looking to deploy HVAC system-based cabin sterilisation and disinfection technology. We will continue to work towards developing safer mobility experiences and services for our customers while providing them with a cleaner and safer in-car environment," commented Rajeev Chaba, president and managing director MG Motor India.
MG Motor India recently launched a Disinfect and Deliver initiative to ensure car deliveries and test drives at customers' homes under a completely sanitised process. The staff at its dealerships have also been trained to take all the necessary steps to ensure that the service workshops and showrooms are completely sanitised.
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021
- News2020 Bajaj CT 100 KS, priced at Rs 46,432, is the most affordable 100cc motorcycle
- NewsMercedes-Benz India delivers 550 cars during Navratri and Dussehra 2020
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno reaches 8 lakh sales milestone in 5 years