MG Motor inaugurates first India facility in Gujarat, to roll out first product by 2019
MG Motor, UK-based automotive brand, announced the inauguration of its first manufacturing facility in India at Halol, with an initial investment of Rs 2,000 crore. With a production capacity of 80,000 units per annum in the first phase, MG Motor India will roll out its first product from the plant in 2019, the company stated. MG Motor India will completely revamp the 170-acre facility located in Halol, Gujarat which was earlier owned by General Motors. The company has already hired 70 employees at the plant.
MG Motor MG3 hatchback
The MG brand originated as an iconic British Racing Sports Brand in 1924 and is now 93 years old. Rajeev Chaba, president and MD, MG Motor India said, "The Morris Garages brand already has a huge resonance in India with at least 500 owners in India since 1924, when the brand was first established in the UK," Chaba added.
Also see: MG Motor - SAIC Lineup - First Look
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base
- NewsHero MotoCorp to develop and sell motorcycles under the Harley-Davidson brand