MG Hector SUV to be launched in India today
MG Hector SUV has been scheduled to be launched in India today. Team OVERDRIVE drove the SUV earlier this month. The bookings for the MG Hector commenced earlier this month at a token amount of Rs 50,000. We believe the SUV will be priced between Rs 17-20 lakh ex-showroom and will rival the likes of Hyundai Creta, Jeep Compass, Mahindra XUV500 and the Tata Harrier.
The Hector will be offered in both diesel and petrol variants. The petrol variant on offer will have a 1.5-litre turbo petrol engine with a 48-volt mil hybrid system. This will allow for it to feature a start-stop system, regenerative braking and add torque fill functionality. The petrol engine produces 143PS and 250Nm of torque and the electric motor adds 20Nm.
The diesel engine on offer is a 2.0-litre engine producing 170PS and 350Nm of torque. The diesel gets a six-speed-manual while the petrol engine gets an optional seven-speed dual-clutch automatic.
The features on offer are panoramic sunroof, heated ORVMs, rain-sensing wipers, automatic headlamps, and a 4-way electrically adjustable co-driver seat. A 360-degree camera is on offer as well.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for more updates on the MG Hector from its live event.
Also see: First Look: MG Motor Hector SUV - Features, Specifications, Launch date and Price Video
Starts Rs 12.74 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
- NewsKia to reinvent and relaunch brand, new logo coming in early 2021
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base