MG Hector SUV to be launched in India today
MG Hector SUV has been scheduled to be launched in India today. Team OVERDRIVE drove the SUV earlier this month. The bookings for the MG Hector commenced earlier this month at a token amount of Rs 50,000. We believe the SUV will be priced between Rs 17-20 lakh ex-showroom and will rival the likes of Hyundai Creta, Jeep Compass, Mahindra XUV500 and the Tata Harrier.
The Hector will be offered in both diesel and petrol variants. The petrol variant on offer will have a 1.5-litre turbo petrol engine with a 48-volt mil hybrid system. This will allow for it to feature a start-stop system, regenerative braking and add torque fill functionality. The petrol engine produces 143PS and 250Nm of torque and the electric motor adds 20Nm.
The diesel engine on offer is a 2.0-litre engine producing 170PS and 350Nm of torque. The diesel gets a six-speed-manual while the petrol engine gets an optional seven-speed dual-clutch automatic.
The features on offer are panoramic sunroof, heated ORVMs, rain-sensing wipers, automatic headlamps, and a 4-way electrically adjustable co-driver seat. A 360-degree camera is on offer as well.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for more updates on the MG Hector from its live event.
Also see: First Look: MG Motor Hector SUV - Features, Specifications, Launch date and Price Video
Starts Rs 12.74 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
- NewsEV chargers planned for over 69,000 petrol pumps across India
- News2020 Toyota Innova Crysta facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 16.26 lakh
- News2021 BMW S 1000 R gets Euro V engine along with more tech and new styling
- NewsCOVID19: Maharashtra to screen travellers from NCR, Rajasthan, Goa and Gujarat
- NewsDucati updates XDiavel and Scrambler range for 2021