MG Hector SUV reaches dealerships ahead of official India launch
MG, Morris Garages revealed the Hector last month and team OVERDRIVE got their hands on the petrol and the diesel variants of the same. Hector SUV is MG's debutant in the Indian market. That said, the SUV has already reached dealerships ahead of its official launch. MG opened the bookings for the Hector on the 4th of this month for a token of Rs 50,000.
The Hector sports exclusive features in the segment that it is expected to be positioned in. The list of features is as follows: Internet Car with OTA (50+ connected features), 48V hybrid system, biggest exterior dimensions (length, wheelbase), largest interior space, largest boot space, biggest panoramic sunroof, largest 10.4-inch HD touchscreen, 7-inch digital coloured instrument cluster, LED lighting, Floating Turn Indicators, 3-point seat belts for all five passengers, 360-degree camera, front parking sensors, sound system by Infinity, first in the segment heated ORVMs, powered co-driver seat, powered tailgate and 8-colour ambient lighting.
Powering the MG Hector is a 2.0-litre diesel engine and a 1.5-litre petrol engine paired to a 48V mild-hybrid system. The diesel engine produces 170PS and 350Nm of torque. And the petrol puts out 143PS and 250Nm of torque. The mild hybrid system adds another 20Nm of torque The diesel gets a six-speed-manual while the petrol engine gets an optional seven-speed dual-clutch automatic.
Also see: First Look: MG Motor Hector SUV - Features, Specifications, Launch date and Price Video
Starts Rs 12.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector