MG Cyberster Concept electric sportscar shown in sketches
Close on the heels of the Roewe R-Aura four-door coupe EV concept, SAIC has delivered another striking electric concept car. This time it carries the more familiar MG branding and is called the MG Cyberster Concept. These sketches show the Cyberster to be a two-seater sportscar in the mould of classic MG roadsters like the MG B and MG TF.
The Cyberster carries the typical sportscar look of having a short wheelbase, long bonnet and stubby boot. Unique touches are the LED outlines for the large oval headlamps, the highly contoured front of the car and the sharply cut-off rear end which has some unique LED lighting.
No other details have been revealed as of now, including how the interiors might look. We expect the Cyberster to come with the latest in on-board connectivity and driver assistance systems, like 5G connectivity and some level of autonomous driving.
The electric roadster could be powered by a single rear-mounted motor or come with a dual-motor option, with something like a 50kWh battery good for over 300km of range.
More details on the MG Cyberster roadster are set to come to light in the coming weeks.
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July