Mercedes-Benz previews GLA Class concept
Mercedes has unveiled its mini-SUV, the GLA Class concept just days before its Shanghai Auto Show 2013 debut. A first impression that the GLA Class will have on anyone is that its an A-Class on stilts. It is true to some extent considering that the A-Class and GLA Class are built on the same MFA platform. The GLA Class measures a good 4.38 metres long and has a wheelbase of 2690mm.
On the face of it, the SUV looks real butch with a one-piece grill and sweptback headlights. The bulged bonnet and those big airdams look great and should translate to give it a good road presence as and when it makes it into production. 255/45 section rubber wrapped on 20-inch wheels and muscular wheel arches define the side profile. Notably, there are LED lights on the roof rails. The tail lamps are LED units and there is a roof mounted spoiler and a chrome skid plate with dual Bazooka exhausts.
The interior images reveal an SUV with modern futuristic touches and upholstery done in beige. The dashboard scheme though looks a tad similar to the new A-Class.
Mercedes has taken their own sweet time to bring in this concept considering that segment pioneer BMW first introduced their X1 way back in 2009. To counter this, Audi got their Q3 in 2011. As and when this new baby Merc makes it into production, both the Q3 and X1 would also have a fresh avatar. And this only means one thing â" WAR.
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.33 Lakhs
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: Hyundai India records highest ever numbers for the month
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Kia Sonet becomes bestselling compact SUV again
- NewsCastrol India launches Power1 Ultimate full synthetic two-wheeler engine oil
- NewsYamaha FZS FI gets a Vintage Edition with BT connectivity, priced at Rs. 1.09 lakh
- NewsNovember 2020 sales: Bajaj Auto sells 3.84 lakh two-wheelers, registering a growth of 12 per cent