Mercedes-Benz MLC spotted testing
The Mercedes-Benz Coupe SUV Concept -which was shown as a concept in Geneva in March has been seen testing under heavy camouflage by Motor Authority. The car could initially named the MLC (C292) will likely be called the M-Class Coupe. This is Mercedes' go at the niche class of cars created by the BMW which itself is set to receive a generation update soon. The car will be based on the M-Class W166 platform, sharing most of its engines and interior design with the midsize SUV.
The engine lineup will start with the new twin-turbocharged V6 with 338PS and 480Nm of torque on the petrol version, while the only diesel available at launch should be the old and trusted three-litre V6, with 262PS and 620Nm of torque, both paired with the new super-efficient 9G-Tronic transmission. While the 4.7-litre twin-turbocharged V8 should get the power output from the S-Class, with 461PS and 700Nm of torque on tap to make the MLC/M-Class Coupe really quick.
The car will likely be revealed at the 2015 North American International Auto Show and will begin production mid 2015. The car will be built in the United States at Mercedes-Benz's Tuscaloosa, Alabama factory where it will share the assembly line with the C-Class, GL, ML and China-spec R-Class.
Image credit: MotorAuthority
Starts Rs 95 Lakhs
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility
- NewsRenault expands Indian presence, with 34 new sales and service touchpoints
- Review2020 Hyundai Tuscon facelift road test review
- NewsFacelifted Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 Coupe SUV to launch in India on November 3