Mercedes-Benz launches new E 63 AMG in India at Rs 1.29 crore
Almost a month after the commercial launch of the all-new E-Class in India, Mercedes has launched its meaner and more powerful cousin, the E 63 AMG, in India at Rs 1.29 crore ex-Delhi.
The E 63 AMG is an E-Class at the core, but with a much larger power output and significantly bigger presence on the road. Powering the E 63 AMG is a twin-turbo 5.5-litre V8 engine which makes 560PS of power and 730Nm of torque. The AMG 7-speed MCT automatic transmission has also been tweaked to handle the excess power. There are paddle shifters on the steering wheel and Mercedes is offering five transmission modes Sport, Sport+, Comfort, Race Start and Manual. Claimed 0-100kmph time is 4.2 seconds.
The E 63 AMG is an E-Class at the core, but with a much larger power output and significantly bigger presence on the road
Other bits on the aesthetic and mechanical front include bigger brakes, complete AMG body kit wheels, bumpers, splitters and exhaust pipes. The interiors also have AMG bits like the badging on the mats etc. Mercedes' E 63 AMG competes with the recently launched Audi S6, BMW and the Jaguar XFR-S.
Claimed 0-100kmph time of the E 63 AMG is 4.2 seconds
Starts Rs 1.55 Crore
Starts Rs 46.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 57.5 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030